Why Choose us
Choosing a personal injury or a criminal defense lawyer can be a scary and complicated matter. At Trial Guy, our law firm is designed with the client in mind. Our goal is to make sure that you are comfortable and have answered all your legal questions. You should always consult several attorneys before deciding on which lawyer to hire in Anchorage and throughout Alaska. There are many differences in law firms and attorneys who are proficient at different things, like all professions. Unless you are familiar with numerous lawyers, you may not be sure which is the best fit for your personal injury or criminal defense case.
There are numerous questions anyone should ask their lawyer before they agree to hire an attorney. Ten basic questions to ask your lawyer should be things like:
- How long have you practiced law?
- How many criminal defense or personal injury cases have your handled?
- How many cases similar to mine have you represented?
- Do you think my case will go to trial?
- How many cases usually go to trial and settle?
- How many trials have you completed, and what were the results?
- How much would it cost to hire you as my lawyer?
- Will you personally handle my case, or will it be shuffled off to other staff?
- Do you specialize in criminal defense or personal injury work?
- Are your lawyers easily accessible?
The Eight Top Reasons to Hire the Trial Guy as Your Alaska Attorney
There are many reasons people hire different attorneys for their legal matters. Here are the top reasons to hire us as your legal representation in Alaska:
- Trial Experience – It is essential that any lawyer you hire has extensive trial experience in whatever type of case you may be facing, whether it's a car accident or a drug charge. The Trial Guy has over 25 years of experience handling criminal defense and personal injury cases throughout Alaska.
- Knowledge of the Law – When lawyers graduate from law school, knowledge of the law is assumed. However, lawyers who work every day in specific and focused areas of the law, such as accidents or criminal defense, will acquire knowledge in those particular areas of the law over time. Knowledge of the law is essential. Lawyers must know Alaska civil procedure, evidence, and tort law and quickly command public speaking and thinking.
- Compassionate and Caring – The Trial Guy, Eric Derleth, is here for you and your family. We understand the loss and pain you are suffering. We genuinely care about making your life better through our work as your attorney.
- Dedicated to the Underdog – The Trial Guy only fights for the underdog, the little guy. Our entire practice is devoted to fighting big companies, big insurance conglomerates, and huge manufacturers of defective products. There is no more extraordinary underdog story than those facing criminal charges in the American Justice System. Criminal defendants charged with a crime are facing charges being advocated by the American Government. No one has more resources or authority to attack regular people than the government. The American Government has trampled on the Constitutional Rights of those accused of crimes for hundreds of years. We have very successfully won millions for our “little guy,” Alaska brethren, and we have won murder trials and more against the State of Alaska.
- Easily Accessible Partner – We are always here for our clients. We have multiple ways to get in touch at any time. We will work together to bring you the most financial compensation for an injury or keep you out of jail on a criminal charge.
- Personally Handle Your Case – Many lawyers work in larger firms, and you may never know who is working on your case. At Trial Guy, attorney Eric Derleth is your lead attorney and the one who you will work with on every accident or criminal matter. You don't have to worry about being pushed aside to another more junior lawyer or paralegal at our law firm.
- Born and Raised in Alaska – Attorney Eric was born and raised on the Kenai Peninsula. He knows Anchorage, Soldotna, Kenai, and the people of Alaska. He knows the local judges and local prosecutors. He knows the ins and outs of practicing law here and knows the local customs. He also has that rugged individualism common with many people living and working in Alaska, and he knows hard work.
- Law Office Located Near You – The Trial Guy Law Firm has offices located near you in Anchorage and Soldotna. We regularly represent clients charged with crimes or hurt in an auto accident all over Alaska, including Kenai and the Palmer and Wasilla areas. We try to be as convenient as possible for our legal clients.
Choose Your Lawyer Wisely and Call Us
Get Free Consultation Now with an Alaska Personal Injury and Criminal Attorney near you today. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident or may face felony or misdemeanor criminal charges, please contact the Trial Guy for experienced legal representation. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We proudly serve Anchorage, Soldotna, Kenai, Palmer, Wasilla, and other areas of Alaska.
For a free consultation with a trial lawyer, call at 907-262-9164 Anchorage and Soldotna offices or contact us online.