Aviation Accident Lawyer in Alaska
Flight accidents in Alaska often cause brutal injuries and loss of life. As a sufferer going through such an event can be horrifying. You may be dealing with costly medical treatment, a long recovering process, and loss of wages because of your inability to work. Your husband or wife may be dead. Maybe you lost most of your family's income. Ordinary people, tourists, travelers depend on flying for traveling. Though the technologies have developed, traveling through small planes can still be dangerous. Although aviation accidents and airplane crashes are rare, they can happen, especially in Alaska, which is dependent on small airplanes to traverse the countryside. You might not know what to do? How to recover compensation? In what way the medical bills can be covered? How can I recover from my husband's wrongful death?
Suppose you or a loved one found yourself in a similar situation. In that case, it is essential to contact an experienced attorney who can help you deal with plane accidents and help get fair compensation and other related matters such as dealing with insurance. At Trial Guy, our Anchorage aviation accident attorney Eric Derleth possesses the vast understanding and experiences of Alaska law regarding these plane crashes and accidents cases in Alaska. Eric has practiced personal injury in Alaska for over 25 years and won millions of dollars for hurt accident victims across the state.
With an experience of over 25 years in Alaska, the "Trial Guy," Eric Derleth, has assisted the people of Alaska and surrounding areas in cases relating to aviation accidents. Being born and brought up in Soldotna, Eric understands the depth of Alaska's laws, the people living there, and the country's true nature. Eric has helped thousands of clients throughout Alaska fight the big insurance companies.
Accepted causes of Aviation accidents
Being a rural state, people often use small planes in Alaska. They travel across through these small planes for their business purposes. According to National Transportation Safety Board, the rate of aviation accidents in Alaska is more prominent than in other states. This rate of accidents is terrible as only 1% of the population stays there.
As per Federal Aviation Agency, aviation accidents can happen because of several reasons, including:
- Error by the pilot while landing
- Inadequate maintenance
- Bad weather conditions
- Losing control of the flight
- Problems related to fuel
- Failure of an essential component of the plane
- Air-traffic control problems
- Violation of safety standards set by Federal Aviation Administration Agency (FAA)
Injuries that can happen from aviation accidents:
- Traumatic experience
- Brain injury
- Broken bones
- Spinal injury
Reasons that an aviation accident attorney is required
- In-depth investigation- An aviation accident lawyer will investigate the facts of the case thoroughly. He will do all the research to determine who is at fault and put forward the best arguments.
- Laws- Situations like this need the assistance of a person who knows how to handle the law. The party at fault can get out because of one mistake, and the aviation accident lawyers at our firm will ensure this mistake does not occur.
- Fair compensation- an aviation accident lawyer will get you maximum compensation for the loss you suffered, medical bills, a job lost, compensation, and compensation about pain and sufferings so you can move on with your life smoothly. If one has suffered an injury because of the pilot or other party's carelessness, you will be compensated for the loss. There can also be a situation where the insurance company takes unfair advantage of the problem and denies giving you the money for the loss, stating reasons that are not sensible. An experienced personal injury attorney will handle these insurance companies and get you the compensation you deserve.
- Finding fault-discovering errors in aviation accidents is difficult as the reason for an accident can be several like faults in the engine, negligence by the pilot or air traffic officers, or mechanical failure. Our aviation accident lawyers will find the exact reason for the accident and help you get justice by catching the correct defendant.
Statute of Limitation
You have two years to file a case as per the Statute of limitations in Alaska. If you fail to file the claim within these two years, the claim will no longer be filed or valid. You will not suffer compensation for the accident. Thus, you need to hire a skilled attorney who knows all the essential information related to plane accidents we will help you.
Allegations against Air Traffic Control (ATC)
Air Traffic Control (ATC) is governed by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The mistakes and carelessness by ATC include claims against Federal Government. Our personal injury lawyers at Trial Guy know how to attack negligence from the Air Traffic Control.
Several factors result in the crashing of helicopters with airplanes. The situation can happen when both helicopters and planes collide in the wrong way during the wrong time. Failure in the system, a flaw in the design, or the defect and poor maintenance can cause the crashes. We will deal with each event thoroughly and act to get maximum compensation with complete peace of mind.
See an Experienced Aviation Accident Lawyer!
If you and your close ones have got hurt by an aviation accident, it is essential to know how the accident has happened, who was at fault, and what compensations can be claimed. Aviation laws are challenging to understand. One needs to be clear about several aspects like technology, engineering issues, and technicalities. One needs to go through minute details and have the resources to investigate to seek proper justice.
Finding the person liable for the flight accident is a difficult task. Discovering the real reason and the guilty person needs an attorney who is skilled and experienced. Such an attorney will analyze the right source of mistakes and gather evidence to find the person liable.
In such cases, aviation accident lawyers who have solved many cases and have a good understanding of the law are here to answer all your questions. We can help you! Call at 907-262-9164 your aviation accident attorney in Alaska, Attorney Eric Derleth, serving Anchorage, Soldotna, Kenai, and the Palmer/Wasilla areas of Alaska Today for a free, confidential consultation today.